danblog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

T-Mobile & Nike

From last time: "After some deliberation, I’ve decided to blog a little more. Not necessarily because I have the time, but because I gotta get some stuff off my chest. I’ve had enough, and it’s time for me to start explaining to people why they’re wrong and I’m right. So I’ll start a series of blogs about stuff that I really hate. However, in an effort to not seem overly bitter, I’ll end each rant with an uplifting thought about something I like."

Round Two...

Something I hate: T-Mobile ads for idiots
Remember those ads where they sold the idea “couples talk free”? My sister (who, in her defense, is actually not an idiot most of the time) wanted to get a T-Mobile because she was duped by this. It’s the same as their “families talk free” that Catherine Zeta tries to shove down my throat because I can’t afford Tivo yet. HEY! NEWSFLASH FOR CELLPHONE USERS: YOU CAN TALK FREE TO ANYONE ON THE SAME NETWORK! So not only do couples and families talk free… EVERYONE talks for free on the same network. But T-Mobile throws it around like it’s a big deal, and there’s this new idea that “couples talk free”. I know two people who actually were thinking of switching networks because “couples talk free” at T-Mobile. What?!? Ever wonder how they know whether or not you’re a couple??? They don’t! It doesn’t matter! That’s what Verizon is doing with the “in network” or AT&T/Cingular has just been doing for like 6 years with “free mobile to mobile” minutes. It’s not a new idea, folks! Man… T-Mobile sucks.

Something I love: the new Nike Gridiron commercial
Speaking of ads, how sweet is that new Nike football ad with just about every famous football player alive in it? I mean, Lee Corso as the mascot! Awesome! I feel like Nike is basically saying… yeah… this is how cool we are, look at all the people we know... and it's everyone. Urlacher, Vick, LT, Steve Young, Primetime, Shula, even Chris Fowler… are you kidding me?. Click-Clack that, underarmor! What a friggin sweet commercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home