danblog

Monday, September 11, 2006

Gum & the NFL

After some deliberation, I’ve decided to blog a little more. Not necessarily because I have the time, but because I gotta get some stuff off my chest. I’ve had enough, and it’s time for me to start explaining to people why they’re wrong and I’m right. So I’ll start a series of blogs about stuff that I really hate. However, in an effort to not seem overly bitter, I’ll end each rant with an uplifting thought about something I like.

Without further ado, here’s the inaugural edition:

Something I hate: People that throw away gum anywhere but a trashcan
What are you thinking?!? Have you ever stepped in gum? It’s incredibly annoying! People that throw their gum down on sidewalks or in parking lots suck. It’s a self-important, arrogant, unaware, indefensible act of total disregard for your fellow man or woman. Personally, I think a huge problem in our culture is that people act without any thought of the consequences their actions bring on people around them. Throwing gum where people walk, is a seemingly small, but classic example of this.

Either you 1) are maliciously trying to destroy someone’s footwear or at least terribly inconvenience them, or 2) you are totally clueless and failed to think that you dropping your gum on the sidewalk will terribly inconvenience someone. Which is worse? Sure being malicious is bad… but being maliciously clueless isn’t much better…


Something I love: the NFL
Seriously… how can you not love the NFL. Even with the utter and complete failing of both of my fantasy teams, my weekend was still so much better thanks to the National Football League. Also, it was raining on Sunday. There is something beautiful about a rainy Sunday afternoon in the fall, sitting in a basement on a comfortable couch, and watching the NFL while drifting in and out of sleep with good friends. I’m telling you… it’s hard to top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home